Pineapple salsa can be made in a matter of minutes and is delicious! You can enjoy this sweet, spicy, and tangy medley flavor with chips, grilled meats, or seafood.
I love fruit salsas, especially in summer when there are so many juicy fruits. Many of my salsa recipes can be found on my blog, Onion Rings & Things. Today, however, I’m sharing one of my favorites!
This pineapple salsa is a delicious, healthy treat you can enjoy all year. It is light and refreshing and packed with good-for-you nutrition. It can be eaten with chips or as a side dish to grilled meats and seafood.
This recipe takes only 15 minutes and contains six ingredients. It tastes fresh and delicious and is easy to prepare. The sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors will please everyone. It is perfect for barbecue parties and potlucks!
How to choose the right pineapple?
- The freshness of the ingredients is a critical factor in the quality of this salsa. Fresh pineapples are the best way to enjoy this salsa at its best. Use fresh pineapples only!
- It is available all year, but its peak season is March through July. You want one that feels plump and firm but not too hard, without any signs of wrinkles, dry eyes, soft spots, or dry skin. The leaves should not be yellowed but bright green.
- Could you give it a good sniff? A perfectly ripe pineapple will have a mildly sweet aroma.
- The fruit won’t ripen once harvested, so pineapples should be picked when they are already grown. Keep it refrigerated for at least a few days to prevent it from fermenting.
- To get the best results, chop the ingredients finely.
- The ingredients for this salsa are straightforward, with just six ingredients. You can add tomatoes and red bell peppers to this salsa for more color and texture.
- Are you not a fan? Use chopped green onions instead!
- The pineapple salsa can be used as a dip with chips or as a condiment over grilled meats, chicken, and fish.
- The remaining food should be refrigerated in a tightly-fitting container. Keep it out of direct sunlight. As the fruit stands, it tends to become more watery.
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
The pineapple salsa is sweet, tangy, and has a touch of heat. This salsa is excellent with tortilla chips or a topping on grilled chicken or steak.
- One whole pineapple, roughly 3 cups
- 1 onion, peeled. Finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, stemmed
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded & minced
- Juice of 2 limes (approximately 1/4 cup)
Cooking Instructions & Steps
- Combine pineapples, onion, and chili pepper in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt to your taste.
- Toss gently.
- Serve immediately
Calories: 249kcal. Carbohydrates 65g. Protein: 3g. Fat: 1g. Saturated Fat 1g. Sodium: 298mg. Potassium 574mg. Fiber 7g. Sugar 47g. Vitamin A: 324IU. Vitamin C: 222mg. Calcium: 71mg. Iron: 1mg.
If you liked this recipe, you’d love these: