Honey buffalo wings are sweet and spicy in equal measure. Bake until golden brown and then drizzle with honey buffalo glaze.
Sweet and spicy baked honey buffalo wings are perfect for game day. These wings are also great for both teams. They’re mildly spicy but sweet enough to be used as mild buffalo wings. These honey buffalo wings are easy to roast in the oven and then dredged with a delicious sticky sauce. This sweetened buffalo sauce is caramelized to create a glaze that coats every inch of the wing. This is an excellent recipe for when you want to go that extra mile.
Honey Buffalo Sauce
My secret sauce for wing sauce is almost equal parts honey and Buffalo sauce. To thicken the sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender. The sauce will thicken naturally with honey, but the cornstarch will add a fantastic texture.
- Buffalo sauce
- Brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Corn starch – the thickening agent
How to bake wings in the oven?
Roasting chicken wings in an oven is similar to roasting any other type of chicken. The skin is crisped as the chicken cooks, making it even better. Bake wings at 400°F for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is done through. The wings will crisp up more if roasted on a cooling rack placed on a baking tray; although it’s not required, it is a preferred method. Chicken wings should be cooked at least 165 degrees F internally to be safe for consumption. However, you can cook them up to 190 to 200 degrees F and still have tender and juicy meat fats. This allows the skin to dry in the oven and gives you a more flavorful wing.
Make the sauce in a large skillet or cast iron pan, then cook the wings. The wing sauce can be added at the end to prevent the sauce from escaping the oven. This will ensure that you have perfectly coated wings. You can also simmer the sauce in small saucepans and add the wings to large bowls. This will allow you to coat the wings with the sauce quickly.
Baked Honey Buffalo Wings Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 24 different chicken wings and drumettes
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Honey buffalo sauce
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon corn starch
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of onion powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
Instructions For Cooking
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and bake for 45-60 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Wings should be cooked at 190 to 200 degrees F to allow the skin to crisp up.
- Combine all ingredients for honey buffalo sauce in a blender. Pulse until well combined. You can also whisk the ingredients together until well-mixed.
- Place the sauce in a saucepan or skillet on medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Flip the wings once they are cooked. Serve immediately. You can also toss the wings into a large bowl.